Do you really know Coenzyme Q10?
1. KEY to ENERGY Production
- It is the KEY to switch on the nutrients utilization by our cells in all organs to produce energy(5)
- 95% of total energy required by the body relies on action of CoQ10(6)
2. Excellent ‘Active Life Extension’ nutrient
- Possessing potent antioxidant activities
- Help protect our cells from oxidative damage caused by environment exposure and aging(7)
Our body’s ability to synthesize CoQ10 declines with age and with exercise & certain medications(5 )
CoQ10 supplementation is needed
- Our body’s natural production of CoQ10 significantly decreases after 35(10)
- Supplementation becomes more important to keep our body active, young & full of life.
Medications that will affect CoQ10 production in the body(4,7)
- Anti-cholesterol drug – Statin Group
- Anti-diabetic drug – Sulphonylureas
- Anti-hypertensive drug – Beta Blockers
Coenzyme Q10 is found naturally in
different parts of the body( 9 )
Benefit of Coenzyme Q10
at Different Human Organs
Other benefits of Coenzyme Q10
- Cancer patients are found to have low levels of CoQ10 in their body
- CoQ10 is found to boost immunity of cancer patient & help to slow tumor growth
- Lower CoQ10 levels are found in patients with gum disease.
- CoQ10 is found to relieve symptoms such as swollen or bleeding gum.
Food sources : Fish &
Meat are the richest
Dr. Weil ( 17 ): A normal diet will include approximately 10mg of CoQ10 daily, so supplementation is usually necessary especially for the high risk group.
Foods such as fish and meats, and oils from soybean, sesame, and rapeseed (canola) are good dietary sources.
30 VEGICAPS® Health Supplement
Each VEGICAPS® contains:
Natural Coenzyme Q10 50mg
Natural Vitamin E 250 iu
Take 1 or 2 VEGICAPS® once daily with food
O-Active® is suitable for ?
Anyone who is 30 or above
Those who complain of tiredness
Athletes or those doing strenuous exercise daily
Why is O-Active® better than others?
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) together with Vitamin E
- Vitamin E will enhance the retention of absorbed CoQ10 in organs (1)
- Cosupplementation of Vitamin E and CoQ10 found to be more anti-inflammatory & anti-atherogenic than supplementation with CoQ10 or Vitamin E alone(2,3)
- CoQ10 can recycle the oxidized Vitamin E from harmful free radical form to beneficial antioxidant form(4)
- BIG “punch” of antioxidant
- Helps in slowing down aging process
- Protects against cardiovascular disease such as diabetes and stroke
- Reduces the risk of various cancers
- Improves cholesterol level
- Strengthens immunity
- Provides healthy skin and eyes
- Heals cuts and reduces scars
O-Active® Quality Control:
- A 2004 laboratory analysis by Consumer Lab (USA), found CoQ10 supplements on the market did not all contain the quantity identified on the product label(20)
O-Active® Guaranteed Potency Till Expiry
A 3 years real time quality control study was conducted by Catalent Australia based on Malaysia room temperature (30 ℃) & humidity ( 75% RH ). Results show that O-Active® contained 99% of nutrients after 3 years storage.
Possible Drug Interaction: Patients receiving anti-coagulants or chemotherapy should consult doctor or pharmacist before consuming O-Active®(7,21)
- Ibrahim, H., Bhagawan, V., Chgapra, K., Chow, K. (2000). Dietary coenzyme Q10 and vitamin E alter the status of these compounds in rat tissues and mitochondria. Journal of Nutrition,130, 2343–2348. Retrieved from http://jn.nutrition.org/content/130/9/2343.long
- Wang, X., Rainwater, L., Mahaney, C., Stocker, R. (2004). Cosupplementation with vitamin E and coenzyme Q10 reduces circulating markers of inflammation in baboons. American Journal of Nutrition, 80(3), 649-655. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1356523/
- Thomas, R., Leichtweis, B., Petterson, K., Croft, D., Mori, A., Brown, J., Stocker, R. (2001). Dietary cosupplementation with vitamin E and coenzyme Q10 inhibits atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E gene knockout mice. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, 21, 585-593. Retrieved from http://atvb.ahajournals.org/content/21/4/585.abstract
- Braun, L. & Cohen, M. (2010). Herbs and Natural Supplements: An Evidence-based (3rded.).NSW, Australia: Elsevier.
- Stocker, R. Oregon State University. (2012). Coenzyme Q10. Retrieved from http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/othernuts/coq10/
- Blanchette, K. M.D. (2007). Prevention of the disease of aging: Prevention and treatment of disease with vitamins, minerals and amino acids. pg. 83. Retrieved from http://books.google.com.my/books id=NGMsMMD01MgC&pg=PA83&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=4#v=onepage&q&f=false
- Ehrlich, SD. University of Maryland Medical Center. (2011). Coenzyme Q10. Retrieved from http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/coenzyme-q10
- Kalen, A., et al. (1989). Age-related changes in the lipid compositions of rat and human tissues. Lipids, 24(7), 579-584.Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2779364
- Aberg, F., Appelkvist, EL., Dallner, G., Ernster, L. (1992). Distribution and redox state of ubiquinones in rat and human tissues. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 295(2), 230-234. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1586151
- Hojerova, J. (2000). Coenzyme Q10 – Its importance, properties and use in nutrition and cosmetics. CeskaSlov Farm, 49(3), 119 123. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10953455
- Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. (2013). Coenzyme Q10: Evidence. Retrieved from http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/coenzyme-q10/evidence/hrb-20059019?p=1
- Esfahani, SA., Esmaeilzadeh, E., Bagheri, F. Emami, Y., Farjam, M. (2013). The effect of coenzyme Q10 on acute liver damage in rats, a biochemical and pathological study. Hepatitis Monthly, 13(8). Retrieved from http://hepatmon.com/?page=article&article_id=13685
- University of Maryland Medical Center. (2012). Pancreatitis. Retrieved from http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/condition/pancreatitis
- National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Health. (2014). Coenzyme Q10 – Health Professionals. Retrieved from http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/coenzymeQ10/HealthProfessional/page1
- Rosenfeldt, F.L., Haas, S.J., Krum, H., Hadj, A., Ng, K., Leong, J.Y., Watts, G.F. (2007). Coenzyme Q10 in the treatment of hypertension: a meta-analysis of the clinical trials. Journal of Human Hypertension, 21(4), 297-306. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17287847
- Balercia, G., Mancini, A., Paggi., F. et al. (2009). Coenzyme Q10 and male infertility. Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, 32(7), 626-632. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19509475
- Weil, A., Becker, B. (2012). Coenzyme Q10. Retrieved from http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART03367/Coenzyme-Q10-CoQ10.html
- Borekova, M., Hojerova, J. Koprda, V., Bauerova, K. (2008). Nourishing and health benefits of coenzyme Q10 – A review. Czech Journal of Food Sciences, 26(4), 229-241. Retrieved from http://www.agriculturejournals.cz/publicFiles/01947.pdf
- Medline Plus, National Institute of Health. (2013). Vitamin E. Retrieved from http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002406.htm
- “ConsumerLab.com finds discrepancies in strength of CoQ10 supplements: Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients. August September 2004. p. 19. Retrieved from http://www.consumerlab.com/news/CoQ10_Coenzyme%20Q10%20_Tests/1_13_2004/
- U.S Department of Health and Human Services, National Institute of Health. (2014). Coenzyme Q10. Retrieved January from https://nccih.nih.gov/health/supplements/coq10
This product is amazing
“I noticed positive changes in my face after taking this product for about 3 months, together with Natura House Psoristop Mahonia Cream (97.5% Natural) application. I suffered from very dry, flaky skin condition but now I have healthy skin. What amazed me is this product improved my blood pressure, long sightedness, prostate problem and also helped me in getting a good night’s sleep!”
“Before taking this product, I felt tired easily, sometimes even breathless after long-distance walking. Now, after 3 bottles, I’m more energetic and can walk faster too!”
Mr Phan, 84 years old
“I can tell a difference in how I feel after taking for few days. I have good sleep at night. Besides, this product has noticeable effect in normalizing my unhealthy heart rate, from 90+ bpm to 70+ bpm. I’ve been taking cholesterol meds for around a year.”
“I tried this product because of heart problem. After having 6 bottles, I felt much better and my heartbeat frequency has turned normal. Happy that it helped my heart function healthily! Taking 1 capsule a day keeps my headache and muscle aches away too, I have not had one since started taking.”
Very happy with this product!
“I’ve been taking for 2 months and have had great results. I had more energy and was less fatigued during the day. As I’m in the menopause stage, I felt that my hormone is balanced as it helped relieve my hot flushes and other symptoms as well. Love it!!”
Unilife Sdn Bhd (899876-P)
Unit 17-1 & 2, Level 17, Tower A,
Vertical Business Suite, Avenue 3,
Bangsar South, No. 8, Jalan Kerinchi,
59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Customer Care Line (8am – 5pm)